We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science who is passionate and ambitious. The successful candidate will have the potential and drive to lead aspects of teaching and learning across the department and the motivation to take the first steps into leadership. Experience of leadership for this role is not essential. Our Science department has a vibrant and committed team whose enthusiasm for delivering exciting and creative lessons is a strength. The department consistently delivers good GCSE results, with the new 2018 results being particularly impressive grading above the National average.
Delivering consistently outstanding lessons in Science is the Academy’s priority for 2018/2019. We believe the appointment of a Second in Faculty/Lead Teacher is essential in taking the Academy towards an outstanding judgement. As Second in Faculty/Lead Teacher you will:
- Be a consistently good or outstanding teacher with proven results in raising the achievement and progress of pupils.
- Be an innovative and creative Teacher of Science.
- Have the skills and energy to inspire, lead and motivate others.
- Be passionate about Science and increasing student progression in to scientific careers.
- Develop outstanding Science practice.
- Have the ability to teach across all Science specialisms up to KS4.
The successful candidate will join our progressive and rapidly improving Academy. In 2016/2017 the Academy was ranked in the top 6% of Secondary Schools in the UK and fourth when compared to similar Schools. We are particularly proud that one of our key strengths is the quality of our care, guidance and support for our learners, which reflects well on our inclusive ethos. We are striving hard to generate a culture of high aspiration, despite some key challenges. We were also pleased that it was recognised that the leadership and management of the Academy are ‘good’ and that the behaviour of our students is exemplary.