- Salary Band C £17,173 – £17,301 (pro-rata £15,723 – £15,922)
- 37 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks
(during Academy holidays/occasional after school events) and all INSET days
- Appointments subject to a three month probationary period
- Apply now via our Application Form – CV’s will not be accepted
- Contact our recruitment staff
The Academy is seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant who will assist the administrative team from the end of April 2019.
Wingfield Academy is considered one of the best secondary schools in Rotherham and has become a very special place; all its staff and students contribute to its success. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking professional person who will show a willingness to learn and who will thrive in a child centred environment.
The successful candidate must be flexible, self-motivated, committed to providing excellent customer care, possess excellent communication skills, a professional and polite telephone manner and the ability to produce correspondence to a high standard. Applicants should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
Alongside carrying out administrative duties, you will be representing the Academy to the local community, meeting and greeting visitors, students, parents and colleagues. You will be answering telephone calls and passing on messages.
Candidates should be suitably skilled in numeracy, literacy and ICT and have GCSE passes in Mathematics and English grade C or above. Candidates should have experience of interacting with young people preferably in an educational setting.
Wingfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Such posts will require a Disclosure Barring Service check and references will be taken up prior to interview.
- Closing Date: Monday 25th March 2019 at 12 noon
- Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th March 2019
- Interview Date: Friday 29th March 2019
- Start Date: (Preferred) Monday 29th April 2019
This is a re-advertisement previous applicants need not reapply.
Further information is available by contacting Amanda Cook, PA to the Headteacher on (01709) 513002 or contacting the academy
- Post Title: Administration Assistant
- Terms/Grade: Full time (37 HPW), term time only, plus two weeks during Academy holidays and all INSET days – Band C
- Responsible To: PA to the Headteacher
This description is not intended to be exhaustive and is a general outline of the typical duties and responsibilities expected to be carried out whilst accepting that these may vary.
Main Purpose of Job
- Operate relevant software packages (including; email suite/Word/Excel/SIMs)
- To be responsible for administrative support for departments as required including letters to parents/carers, updating information on SIMs, producing documents, whilst ensuring the highest level of accuracy and concern for quality.
- Producing reports, class lists when required by staff etc.
- Producing formal minutes of meetings as required.
- As required, to deal with incoming mail.
- Attendance at after school events within contractual hours.
- To assist the finance department to enable students and parents/carers to purchase school related items and take monies relating to Academy activities and trips.
- Undertaking routine clerical duties e.g. maintenance of records, letters, photocopying, filing etc.
- Receive and dispatch Academy mail and contact parents/carers and other external agencies.
Main Office/Reception Specific Administration
- To undertake the efficient operation of a text processing service, clerical procedures and systems concerned with the operation of the Academy.
- To maintain the office records (filing systems, etc.).
- To operate reprographic equipment.
- To support the organisation of all Academy events and activities.
- To provide a first class, professional service to any visitors or telephone callers to the Academy.
- To effectively deal with all telephone calls to the Academy switchboard, effectively re-directing calls to Academy colleagues as necessary.
- Relay messages accurately and in a timely manner to staff and students.
- Receive, filter and redirect enquiries as appropriate.
- Receive visitors to the Academy and answer routine enquiries.
- To be familiar and comply with all relevant Health and Safety, Operational, Personnel, Data Protection and Financial Regulations, policies and procedure.
- To ensure equality of opportunity is afforded to all persons both internal and external to the Authority, actively seeking to eliminate any direct or indirect discriminatory practices/behaviour.
- Other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post that may be required to be undertaken at the discretion of the Headteacher.
|Personal Skills Characteristics||Essential||Desirable||Assessment Method||Shortlisting Criteria|
|1. Qualifications and Training|
|a. GCSE passes in Maths and English Grade C or above.||X||AF/CQ||X|
|b. Relevant vocational qualification at level 2.||X||AF/CQ|
|c. RSA stage 1 Tying/Text or Word Processing.||X||AF/CQ|
|2. Special Skills and Knowledge|
|a. Experience of operating office equipment.||X||AF/I||X|
|b. Appreciation, knowledge and ability to use computer applications, to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, mail merge etc.||X||AF/I||X|
|c. Experience of word processing different types of documentation using a variety of software to a high standard.||X||AF/I||X|
|d. Ability to meet pre-set deadlines.||X||AF/I/R|
|e. Ability to clearly interpret oral and written information and instructions.||X||AF/I|
|f. Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy, e.g. completing documentation, message taking.||X||AF/I|
|g. Ability to communicate information in a clear and logical manner.||X||AF/I|
|h. Awareness of the need to maintain sensitive information and records securely in order to prevent inappropriate access.||X||I|
|3. Personal Qualities|
|a. Conscientious, honest and reliable.||X||I/R|
|b. Good timekeeper.||X||I/R|
|c. Positive approach to dealing with customers both internal and external.||X||I|
|d. Positive and constructive approach to team working.||X||I/R|
|e. An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunity issues both within the workplace and the community in general.||X||AF/I|
|f. A willingness to attend appropriate external and internal training courses.||X||AF/I|
|g. Ability to be flexible and work additional hours, sometimes at short notice.||X||AF/I|
|4. Personal Circumstances|
|a. Enhanced disclosure statement is satisfactory.||X||C|
|b. Willingness to work additional hours / evenings as and when required following negotiation.||X||AF|
|5. Physical Requirements|
|a. No serious health problems which are likely to impact upon job performance; this is one that cannot be
accommodated by reasonable adjustments
|b. Good sickness / attendance record.||X||I/R|
* please note that appropriate training will be provided.
- AF Application form
- I Interview
- CQ Certificate of qualification
- R References
- C Subject to a satisfactory Standard disclosure statement.
This specification has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the local authority’s Equal Opportunities in Employment Policy.
We undertake to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may have.