Year Team Leader
- Band/Grade Band F – G (£21,589 – £26,999 pro-rata)
- Required as soon as possible
- Contract: Permanent, Full time, term time only and all INSET Day
- Subject to a six month probationary period
- Closing Date: 12noon Monday 16th March 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
Are you someone who is dynamic and innovative, who can lead a Year Team to outstanding in two years and make a significant contribution to whole school improvement?
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and hard-working professional as a Year
Team Leader. You will be given responsibility for leading and managing a year group in our popular and highly regarded Academy.
Can you demonstrate:-
- Energy, enthusiasm and vision?
- A commitment to raising standards and attainment? A willingness to take risks and support innovation?
- A commitment to sharing good practice?
- The ability to make inclusion a reality for all students?
- A willingness to go the extra mile for students, staff and parents?
As a YTL your main tasks will include:
- Developing a year group culture and ethos of high standards and expectations
- Monitoring pupil progress and taking appropriate action to maximise full potential
- Challenging under achieving students
- Supporting tutors, teachers, students and parents
- Responsibility for leading positive behaviour of students and challenging attendance issues
- Liaising with colleagues and external agencies.
You will need to be a good communicator who is committed to ensuring students well being and achievement, with good interpersonal skills and an attention to detail. The ability to motivate our most challenging students is essential.
Wingfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The post will require a DBS Disclosure check and references will be taken up prior
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA; Amanda Cook on 01709 513002 to make an appointment.
Application forms and further information are available on the website
A link to full job description, person specification and application form can be found below.