Learning Resource Centre Manager
Salary: Point 5 – 11 (£18,795 – £21,166 pro rata) dependant on experience
Contract: Permanent -37 hours per week, term time only, plus all INSET days and one week*
(*to be worked during academy holidays/identified after school events)
Subject to a 6 month probationary period
The Academy is seeking to appoint a Learning Resource Centre (LRC) Manager who will work
alongside a team of professionals to lead the academy’s Learning Resource Centre. Like us, you will
be dynamic, innovative and hardworking. You will also have exceptional knowledge of how schools
function, a desire to positively impact upon students’ learning and a firm commitment to high academic
achievement. Above all you will be dedicated to giving all our young people an outstanding education.
The LRC Manager role will include:
- Leading the day to day operations of the Learning Resource Centre; administering, promoting
and maintaining a stimulating and welcoming environment in the academy’s LRC.
- Supervision of young people using the LRC – supporting the process and organisation of
materials for loan and providing assistance with computers, printers, photocopying.
- Contributing to the provision of a high standard of service to meet the needs of students, staff
and the whole academy community – including stock selection and form library boxes.
- Developing the independent study/research and learning skills of students by providing
additional opportunities for students to undertake learning outside of learning time.
- Delivery of the academy’s literacy programme – enhancing students reading, writing and oracy
capabilities (Ruth Miskin – phonics and accelerated reader programme).
- Supporting lead practitioners with the tracking of student reading levels and implementation
of intervention strategies if and when appropriate – including the leading of book clubs and
- Administrative responsibilities including supporting departments with the production of
‘Personal Learning checklists’ and ‘Revision Packs’ for all year groups.
- Support the delivery of bespoke workshops for the wider community – stakeholders including
students, parents, careers, and additional adults.
- Representing the academy during parent’s evenings, open evenings/days – providing the wider
community with access to a wide range of learning resources.
- Leading on promotional events, author visits and competitions.
- Assisting with displays – both within the LRC and around the academy.
The position is both a child centred and administrative role which will be based within our learning
resource centre. The successful candidate must be:
- An excellent practitioner who can enthuse and inspire.
- Passionate about raising aspirations and improving educational life chances.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of leading improvement.
- A role model and champion of learning.
- Clear-thinking and outward-looking.
- Dynamic, innovative and hardworking.
- A leader who is able to demonstrate high-level interpersonal skills.
- Join a skilled, creative, and supportive team.
- Be part of a forward thinking organisation.
- Have a chance to shape the future of the area.
- Work within a brand new, well-resourced specialist learning environment.
- Be given the opportunity to develop personally and professionally.
- Make a real difference to the lives of young people.
Wingfield Academy is considered one of the best secondary schools in Rotherham and has become a
very special place; all its staff and students contribute to its success. We are looking to appoint an
enthusiastic, hardworking professional person who will show a willingness to learn and who will thrive
in a child centred environment.
Applicants should have at least a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word
Candidates should be suitably skilled in numeracy, literacy and ICT and have GCSE passes in
Mathematics and English at grade C or above. Candidates should have experience of interacting with
young people preferably in an educational setting.
Wingfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people
and vulnerable adults. The post will require a DBS disclosure check and all references will be taken up
prior to interview.
Informal discussions about the role are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA;
Amanda Cook on 01709 513002 or via email email@example.com.
Application forms and further information are available below. In your application you are
invited to write no more than two sides of A4 which outline how your knowledge, skills and
experience meet the job description criteria. All applications must be on the Wingfield Academy
application form, available on our website.
Closing Date: 12noon Friday 26th June 2020
Interview Date: (Proposed) Wednesday 1st July 2020
Start Date: 1st September 2020