In Year 8 students and parents/carers meet with members of the Senior Leadership Team and make decisions on individual curriculum programmes to be experienced in Years 9-11. The guidance process includes references to students future aspirations, progress data and staff recommendations.
- looking at African artefacts and basing their work upon this. Also looking into the work of Artist Chris Ofili and producing a self portrait based upon his style.
- looking at the impressionist Art movement and studying their use of colour then applying similar techniques in their own work.
Day of The Dead
- looking at the culture of the Mexican Day of the dead festival and producing 2D and 3D work based upon the style and meaning of the festival.
- drawing shells and designing and making a print based upon the natural patterns in shells
- looking at the cubist movement and creating a piece of work based upon that style
Perspective and Surrealism
- learning about the skills and techniques used in perspective drawing and then looking at the Surrealist Art movement and creating a piece of work based upon those two elements.
- looking at the Pop Art movement and creating a self portrait in the Pop Art style.