|Subject:||Award in Child Development & Care|
|Exam Board:||NCFE Cache|
|Subject Leader:||Laura Chapman|
Students learn about the growth and development of children and young people aged 0-5 years.
- Factors affecting growth and development
- Activities to promote independence in early years settings
- Preparing for a work placement in a childcare setting
- Nutrition, health and safety in childcare settings and how to care for children
- The importance of play and supporting development
Level 1 is assessed through a selection of 7 tasks set by NCFE CACHE as a base year for the level two qualification.
Level 2 is assessed by 2 NCFE CACHE developed assignments and an external exam at the end of the course.
Possible Progression (including careers and further education)
A significant number of students who take the childcare option progress to further education and study childcare to higher levels. Former students have also progressed in to child care settings, managing nurseries, residential care as well as careers in nursing.