|Qualification Type:||GCSE (Full Course)|
|Subject Leader:||K. Otter|
- Developing cooking skills
- The design process – research, analysis, recipe development, planning, testing and evaluating.
- Diet and nutrition
- Function of ingredients & cooking methods
- Sustainable design
- You will be expected to search for recipes and develop them to create new food products such as, pies, deserts, meat dishes, bread products, deserts & cakes using a variety of skills, knowledge and understanding.
Unit 1 – Controlled assessment – You will research & analyse existing food products then design and make new & exciting products (60%).
Unit 2 – Examination (40%).
Possible Progression (including careers and further education)
There is a wide range of courses available such as;
- RCAT – Catering and Hospitality
- Dearne Valley College – Food Production and Cooking
- Barnsley College – Bakery or Food Manufacturing Apprenticeship Level 2