|Qualification Type:||GCSE (Ful Course)|
|Subject Leader:||N. Oke|
- Developing practical skills
- The design process – research, analysis, design, development, planning and evaluation.
- Properties of materials – wood, metals & plastics
- Industrial processes
- Sustainable design
- Computer Aided Design & manufacture
- Computer 3D modelling
- You have the opportunity to design and make products such as jewellery, furniture, storage units, clocks, etc
Unit 1 – Controlled Assessment –You will research & analyse existing products then design and make new & exciting products (60%).
Unit 2 – Examination (40%).
Possible Progression (including careers and further education)
There is a wide range of courses available such as;
|Dearne Valley College||