Our Careers Leader
Our Careers Adviser
Advisory Board Link
Thomas Rotherham College
Wednesday 4th Nov 2021-
Virtual only Register on https://trc.onlineopendays.com/
New College Doncaster
Tuesday 16th Nov 2021 4.30pm-7.30pm
Monday 7th Feb 2022 5pm-7pm
Rotherham College Wed 24th Nov 2021 3.30pm-6.30pm
Sat 15th Jan 2022 10am-12pm
Wed 2nd March 2022 3.30pm-6.30pm
Dearne Valley College
Wed 17th Nov 2021 3.30pm-6.30pm
Sat 22nd Jan 2022 10am-12pm
Barnsley College-Virtual only
Tues 19th Oct 2021 4pm-7pm
Thurs 2nd Dec 2021 time tbc
Tues 1st Feb 2022 time tbc
Thurs 21st Oct 4pm-7pm-all campuses
Wath Sixth Form
Thurs 11th Nov 2021 6.15pm-8.30am
Wickersley Sixth Form
Tues 9th Nov 2021 time tbc
Wed 3rd Nov 2021 5pm-8pm
Here at Wingfield Academy we are wholeheartedly committed, through our ‘Location Vocation’ careers programme of activities delivered to Year 7 to 11, to prepare all our learners to make informed decisions about their future/next steps ensuring they maximise their potential and successfully transition into higher education or an aspirational alternative.
‘Location Vocation’ Vision
We are committed to implementing a programme that will:
- Empower learners to make informed, realistic decisions at key transition points in learning and work E.g. at 14, supporting learners’ qualification and subject choices based on their likes, strengths and assessment methods.
- Inspire and motivate learners to fulfil their potential. Explore different careers to raise learners’ aspirations, broaden their horizons and accumulate cultural capital, the knowledge, behaviours, and skills that a learner can draw upon to be successful in society, their career and the world of
- Enrich learners’ experience by providing multiple opportunities to learn from employers about work, employment and the skills that are valued in workplaces.
- Enable access to up-to-date Labour Market information (LMI) to ensure learners are aware of growth sectors which are currently working at or above average productivity and those who have a gap in worker numbers where opportunities are readily available in order to support social mobility.
- Overcome stereotypes to help learners explore all career opportunities available to them. Develop learners personal financial capability.
- Provide learners with high quality independent and impartial careers advice and guidance which is in their best interests
UK University Search are proud to announce the launch of our new website www.studentstream.co.uk. The website brings together a wealth of video resources by us and universities across the UK in one place.
www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk website offering all types of careers related information including local labour market information, CV writing, skills and qualifications required for all types o
Statutory requirements and expectations
Our ‘Location Vocation’ careers programme has been developed to meet the requirements of the Department for Education’s statutory guidance 2018 and in accordance with the eight Gatsby benchmarks: