Is your child missing out on additional funding?
If your child has ever been or is still eligible for free school meals in the last six years, is adopted from care or is now under Special Guardianship, or has a parent in the Armed Forces then they may be eligible for Pupil Premium Funding.
What is Pupil Premium Funding?
Pupil Premium Funding is a sum of money given to schools each year by the Government to support all eligible pupils.
Children who qualify for Free School Meals are entitled to an additional £1300
Children who are adopted or under Special Guardianship are entitled to an additional £1900
Do I need to apply for the Pupil Premium if my child already receives free meals at school?
Yes please. Even if your child is already eligible for free meals, we are unable to check your eligibility for the full Pupil Premium funding unless you complete an application form (available here). Also, if your circumstances have changed since your child was at primary school you may now be eligible.
If you receive any of the following benefits or your household income is less than £16,190.00 you may be eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit
How do I apply for the additional funding?
Please speak to a member of our Reception staff who will be happy to help you with the application. Download, printout and fill the quick form and hand it in to reception at the Academy
How is this money spent?
Schools can choose how to spend their Pupil Premium money, as they are best placed to identify what would be of most benefit to the children who are eligible. Here are some of the ways the money has previously been spent at Wingfield Academy:
- Extra one to one support in the classroom
- Supporting payment of educational trips
- Additional resources to support learning
If you have any questions please contact a member of reception staff on 01709 513002.