Your daily equipment
The Academy will provide you with:
- Exercise Books
- A Student Timetable and Lanyard
You will need to provide a suitable bag, large enough for an A4 folder AND pencil case containing:
- 2 Black Pens
- 2 Green Pens
- 2 Pencils
- 1 Pencil Sharpener
- 1 Ruler
- 1 Rubber
Equipment checks will be made daily by your form tutor in prep time.
Sanctions such as a teacher detention will be enforced if you forget your equipment.
Students Uniform (all items are compulsory):
- Formal plain black, flat shoes with a solid sole
- White shirt/blouse tucked in and top button fastened
- Wingfield Jumper/Cardigan with logo
- Academy tie
- Academy Lanyard (provided by the Academy not via uniform stockists)
- Plain black tailored trousers with no ankles showing (trousers must not be tight around the calf or ankle. They must not be skinny fit)
- Black socks/tights
- Bag that is large enough to take an A4 folder/book
Items you can purchase from any retailer:
Plain black tailored trousers (suit style) see examples below:
Tight fitting or slouch trousers are not acceptable.
From September 2019 skirts are not part of the Wingfield Academy uniform and will not be allowed
Formal plain black shoes
Shoes must have a strong and solid bottom. Canvas/ballerina shoes are flimsy and not acceptable due to health and safety issues in workshops and laboratories.
White Shirt / blouse with either short sleeves or long sleeves. No capped sleeves. Must be tucked in and top button fastened.
Items of Mandatory Uniform
All Wingfield uniform including the PE kit can be purchased from Pinder’s near Rotherham Bus Station and other local stockists (please check the colouring and embroidery of all items before purchasing). For more information, please do not hesitate to contact the Academy.
- Academy Tie
- Black jumper with logo
- Black cardigan with logo
You will also need a bag that is large enough to take an A4 folder / book.
The Wingfield PE Kit
The Wingfield PE kit consists of a
- Wingfield Sports Polo Shirt,
- Black Socks.
Please see pictures below of our PE kit:
Below are optional PE Items
The list below contains examples of attire that go against the Academy uniform code and must not be worn. This list is not exhaustive:
- Leggings/trousers of a tight fitting style are not permitted
- Bandanas of any colour
- Headbands that are not plain black
- Training shoes, sandals, flip flops, canvas, plimsolls, ballet style shoes, high heeled shoes or boots.
- Shoe laces other than black.
- Hoods or any hats inside the Academy building or outside space
- Coats and outdoor clothing in the Academy building
- Jumpers/Cardigan other than Wingfield i.e. designer/logo
- Body, facial or tongue piercings including retainers
- Ankle/trainer socks
Y7 and Y8 students are not permitted to wear make-up, for students in Y9, Y10 and Y11 make-up must be minimal and discreet (looking entirely natural). Eye shadow, false lashes, heavy mascara, heavy eye brows and brightly coloured lip stick would not be acceptable for any student. Excessive make-up will have to be removed. False nails, such as acrylic/gel, and any coloured nail varnish are not regarded as acceptable. Brightly coloured dyed hair which is not natural looking, hair that has patterns shaved into it or other types of extreme hairstyles will not be accepted.
As a parent you are encouraged to contact the Academy before buying/sending your child to the Academy with anything you feel may be deemed unacceptable due to the guidelines stated above