Reminder – The last day of this term is on Friday 19th July 2019, it is a normal academy day and all students are expected to attend. Our Attendance Officer will be undertaking home visiting to any student not in attendance.
Please also note that the students will be dismissed from the Academy for the summer break at the normal time of 2:45pm.
Please ensure your child brings a water bottle which they can top up at our water stations, a sun hat and sun cream. If this is cancelled due to the weather etc. we will let you know.
- 37 hours per week, term time only plus all INSET days
- Band/Grade: F (£21,589 to £23,836) pro rota
- Required for September 2019
- Subject to a 6 month probationary period
We are looking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Science Technician who is responsible for preparing equipment and laboratories for practical classes across both KS3 and KS4.The individual will join a committed team of staff to further develop student curiosity through practical application and exploration. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail whilst working with speed and precision in a busy Science department.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing technical and practical support required by the Science department on a daily basis.
- Ensure all classrooms are fully resourced and Science staff has the appropriate equipment to carry out scientific enquiries.
- Ensure that the health and safety in the Science prep room abides by legislation at all times.
- Be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of young people and to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of this post.
- Have technical experience, with the ability to prioritise preparation of resources on a daily basis.
- Show the confidence to demonstrate tasks to students if required.
- Enjoy encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people during extra-curricular activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join our dynamic team at the forefront of change and to make a real difference to raising standards of education in the local community.
Wingfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The post will require a DBS Disclosure check and references will be taken up prior to interview.
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA; Amanda Cook on 01709 513002 or use the contact us form on the website to make an appointment. A link to full job description, person specification and application form can be found below.