- Closing Date: Friday 29th March 2019 by 12:00pm
- Interviews and panel activities scheduled: (Proposed Dates) Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th April
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity?
Do you aspire to Headship in the future?
Do you want to work with exceptional young people and hardworking staff committed to going the extra mile?
Are you highly motivated and driven, with a proven track record of leadership, outstanding classroom teaching and known for having a positive impact on whole school development?
This is an extremely rare and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take up a leading role at one of the highest performing schools in South Yorkshire, judged as a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted in 2017.
Wingfield Academy is looking for an inspirational Deputy Headteacher who aspires to be a Headteacher in the future who will:
- Have held a position of an Assistant Head for 2 or more years
- Lead by example
- Demand the highest expectations and standards in all
- aspects of school life.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Able to lead on the implementation of evidenced based
- research across the Academy.
- Demonstrate impact, creativity and high levels of
- personal integrity.
- Be uncompromising in their pursuit of the best outcomes for young people.
- Have a relevant and continuously developing deep
- understanding of what quality education looks like and up to date guidance on best practice for supporting student learning.
- Assist with the development of educational provision; assessment, curriculum design, student support and teaching and learning to ensure that the Academy is at the forefront of educational innovation.
In return we can offer you:
- A ‘child centred, progress focussed’ school ethos.
- A school with a well-established culture of hard work and high expectations
- A welcoming and supportive community
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and
- hardworking team of staff.
- Opportunities to develop the skills and qualities to become a Headteacher in the future.
- A commitment to support continued professional development
- A supportive loyal and committed Leadership team and Trust Board with a clear vision of raising standards of teaching and learning and positive behaviour.
- A cohort of students with high standards of behaviour and a
- willingness to learn.
Wingfield has become a high performing Academy. We believe that our close-knit community provides the optimum conditions for academic success and outstanding student support, care and guidance because we know every child.
Our dedicated and ambitious staff go the extra mile to make a quantifiable and powerful contribution to social mobility. We focus on the things that matter.
If this sounds like a place for you then why not join our dynamic team as Deputy Headteacher and be part of the driving force to ensure we become outstanding and the number one choice for parents in the locality.
All applications must be on the Wingfield Academy application form. In your application you are invited to write a supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4 which outline how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the job description criteria.
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact main reception on 01709 513002 or Contact Us to make an appointment to visit during one of the below times
- Thursday 21st March 1:15pm
(to view the Academy in session)
- Thursday 21st March 3:30pm
- Friday 22nd March 9:30am
(to view the Academy in session)