- Required: Week beginning 28th July (or earlier if possible)
- Salary Band E or F dependant on experience (from £19,554)
- Permanent, full time (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
- Appointments subject to a six month probationary period
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team!
We are seeking an IT Helpdesk Technician to work as part of our IT Support Team to provide first line technical support to staff and students, either face to face or over the telephone. Under the direction of the New Collaborative Learning Trust (NCLT) IT Manager, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitoring and maintaining support calls and prioritising support tickets, including solving problems, troubleshooting hardware/software issues and delegating support issues to other members of the team where appropriate.
- Supporting Microsoft Technologies such as, Windows 10 and Office 365, as well as Google Suite, Bromcom, WordPress and mobile device support.
- Complete daily proactive checks of the IT infrastructure systems.
- Dealing with day-to-day administrative tasks such as password changes, printer credits.
- Support students and staff in their use of ICT.
- Maintain up to date inventories of hardware and software; security marking and labelling of equipment.
Excellent communication and problem solving skills are essential, as is a customer service approach to your work. Experience in support and management of desktops, laptops and printers is required and an awareness of current network issues, virus alerts and security issues would be advantageous, though full training will be provided. A willingness to undertake further training relevant to the role is expected.
If you are ambitious to develop a career in IT support and wish to work in an environment where your work will make a real difference to raising standards of education in the local community, we would like to hear from you.
Wingfield has become a high performing Academy. We believe that our close-knit community provides the optimum conditions for academic success and outstanding pastoral care because we know every child. Our dedicated and ambitious staff go the extra mile to make a quantifiable and powerful contribution to social mobility. We focus on the things that matter.
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA; Amanda Cook on 01709 513002 or via Contact Form to make an appointment to visit.
All applications must be on the Wingfield Academy application form, a printed copy is available from the Headteacher’s PA.