Rotherham is operating a co-ordinated scheme which will result in most children only receiving one offer of a place. The information particularly applies to all those children born on or between 1st September 2008 and 31st August 2009, who should be moving onto Secondary School in September 2020.
All schools in Rotherham will use an ‘equal preference’ system for the assessment of a potential place.
Details of the action you must take:-
- Apply on-line at www.rotherham.gov.uk/schools or request a paper application form from Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Secondary School Admissions.
- The Common Application Form must be returned to Admissions Team, Children and Young People’s Services, Riverside House, Main Street, Rotherham S60 1AE.
- Places will be allocated based on your residential address on 30th November 2019. Therefore you must notify the Admissions Team in writing if you change address before this date. You may be asked to provide written proof of residence (e.g. utility/council tax bill).
- You can apply on-line at www.rotherham.gov.uk/schools. The Government has deemed that the National Closing Date for receipt of applications is 31st October 2019. However, in agreement with its neighbouring South Yorkshire authorities, Rotherham Authority will accept all applications for a Rotherham school received up to and including 30th November 2019 as having been received by the closing date.
- On 2 March 2020 a letter will be posted to your home address or an email will be sent (if you applied online and choose this option), to notify you which school your child has been allocated. .
For September 2020 Wingfield Academy’s Year 7 allocation is 195.
Outlined below is the Local Authority’s policy on admissions. This information applies to all students who are due to transfer to Secondary School in September 2020.
Any questions can be answered by the Admissions Team in Rotherham on 01709 822626 or 01709 822647.
Parents/carers have a right to express a preference for any School for their child. The Authority enables parents/carers to apply for up to three Schools. Information about each School is given in the School’s prospectus annually. These documents are available directly from each School.
Parents/carers will receive a booklet setting out the Authority’s policy for admissions of children to Secondary Schools in July, as their child leaves Year 5 in Primary School. This booklet explains the procedure for expressing a preference(s). The relevant forms can be found in the booklet.
All parents/carers wishing to apply for a place will need to complete the appropriate form and return it to the Local Authority by the required date.
The Local Authority deals with all admissions to Schools within Rotherham. Wingfield Academy cannot allocate a place to a particular child.
The Local Authority has a responsibility to publish guidance and criteria setting out the details of its policy on Admissions. This forms part of the booklet issued by the Local Authority in July.
Useful Information and Links
- If you have not received a copy of the booklet a copy can be found here 2020- Rotherham Admissions Booklet